WELCOME TO THE OC MEN’S GOLF CLUB!
Download Application HERE
With a longstanding tradition here at Oregon City Golf Club, the OC Men’s Club is an open membership club. We have members of all ages (18 years of age minimum) and handicaps (ranging from 4 to 40).
In addition to regular weekly organized play 6 days a week, year-round, we also hold 12 tournaments a year, half on Saturday and half on Wednesdays. The tournaments are a mix of 2-man, 4-man, and individual play, with net and gross divisions, making play fun and accessible to all members, regardless of playing ability.
OC Men’s Cub annual fees are just $75, which includes handicap reporting to the Oregon Golf Association. Men’s Club members also receive a 10% discount on merchandise in the pro shop here at Oregon City Golf Club. We invite you to come out and join us for fun golf in a friendly environment!
MEN’S CLUB GUIDELINES
- All Saturday tournaments will be prepaid, and tee times will be available by 5:00 PM on the preceding Friday. For Wednesday tournaments you do not have to prepay, but if you will be late you must call in at least 1 hour prior to the first tee time. No refunds for no-shows.
- For all regular play all players must be checked in at least 30 minutes prior to the first tee time. If you are not going to get to the course in time, call in and have your name added to the a later tee time.
- During tournament play scores must be kept by an opposing player or team whenever possible. During regular Saturday play and any four man team tournament the team captain (lowest handicap team member) will keep score.
- Tournament Entry Fees are $20.00. Regular weekday play will have a $5.00 entry fee.
- All Men’s Club events will be played from the championship tees except for the Play it Forward Seniors which will play from the Forward (Red) Tees. Female and/or Senior guests 80 or older MAY play from the Forward tees.
- Only Oregon City Men’s Club members with a current USGA handicap may play in Men’s Club tournaments, except for guest at the Memorial Summer Invitational Barbecue and the Turkey Shoot.
- Players must putt out on every hole for all Tournaments..Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Winter rules are allowed only when posted at the Starter Shed by the Course Superintendent. See separate Preferred Lies (Winter Rules) sheet.
- Members must participate in at least five (5) Men’s Club events to be eligible to play in the MEN’S CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP.
- The Men’s Club Rules Committee will make the final interpretation of any rules. Committee members are Darrel Lette, Ken Johnson, Timber Stevens, Jim Norton, Mike Strohm, Dave Bailey and Bill Barnhart.
NEW RULE UPDATES
The following rules have been recommended by the USGA and have been adopted by our Club.
- “Through the green, a ball that is embedded may be lifted, cleaned and dropped, without penalty, as near as possible to the spot where it lay but not nearer the hole…A ball is embedded when it is in its own pitch-mark and part of the ball is below the level of the ground. A ball does not necessarily have to touch the soil to be embedded (e.g., grass, loose impediments and the like may intervene between the ball and the soil)” This rule is in effect all year long anywhere on the golf course except hazards and bunkers
- Piles of debris created by the grounds crew will be considered ground under repair.
- Through the green, when a ball comes to rest in an aeration hole, the player is entitled to free relief.
Definition: “Through the green” means anywhere on the golf course except the teeing ground and green of the hole being played, bunkers and hazards.
Example: (Non Winter)
The ball is plugged in the wet spot in front of the right hand side of hole 1 you may lift, clean and drop the ball.
Or if your ball is plugged in the tall grass on the slope of hole 14, you may lift, clean and drop the ball at the location it was plugged.
MEN’S CLUB PLAY IT FORWARD
Seniors age 80 and over may play any men’s club event from the forward tees (Red). Also, anyone who’s age plus their handicap totals 100 or more may elect to play from the forward tees.
Players wishing to elect this option must notify the Handicap chairperson, Jim Norton, prior to the first tournament in March.
Players who qualify after the first tournament due to age plus handicap changes will need to obtain approval of the Handicap Chairman.
Any qualified player that does not wish to take this option can continue to play from the back tees.
This change has been adopted to make the game more enjoyable for our older players. Everyone should be able to reach the par 3’s in one, and some of the long holes from the back tees are extremely difficult for our older players. So, in the interest of fair play, we have adopted this change.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact any officer of the club.
If you decide, at any time, that you do not want to continue to play from the forward tees, inform the Handicap Chairman. You will have to wait until the 1st of the next month due to handicap posting restrictions.
We should encourage all of our eligible members to use option. It will make the game much more enjoyable for them and everyone.
MEN’S CLUB SCHEDULE
MEN’S CLUB OFFICERS
President – Dave Bailey Vice President – Mike Westlake Secretary/Treasurer – John Tesler Handicap Chairman – Jim Norton (email@example.com) Tournament Director – Bill Barnhart
OREGON CITY MEN’S CLUB ONLINE
For members and players considering joining, please check us out on Facebook for regular news, updates and upcoming events:
Oregon City Men’s Golf Club Facebook Page
Oregon City Men’s Golf Club Facebook Group
MEN’S CLUB 2016 INFO2016 Red, White and Blue
2016 2 Man Best Ball
2016 MC Stableford
2016 Mini Ryder
2016 2-Man Net Chapman
2016 Breakfast Shamble
MEN’S CLUB 2015 INFO
2015 Turkey Shoot
2015 4 Man Club Gross / Net
2015 2 Man Scratch & Scramble
2015 2 Man Scramble
2015 Men’s Club Championship
2015 Memorial Day BBQ
2015 Red, White and Blue
2015 2-Man Best Ball
2015 MC Stableford
201505 2-Man Mini-Ryder
201504 2 Men Net Chapman
201503 Breakfast Shamble (2-ball net)
MEN’S CLUB 2014 INFO
MEN’S CLUB 2013 INFO
2013 Mini Ryder
2013 Red, White & Blue
2013 4-Man Breakfast Shamble
2013 2-Man Alternate Shot
2013 4-Man Best Ball
2013 2-Man Net Best Ball
2013 2-Man Net Chapman
2013 Memorial BBQ
2013 Net Stableford
2013 Scratch & Scramble
2013 Turkey Shoot